Re: Database Technology Roadmap

  • From: Bob <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:12:43 -0400

This sounds like a job for an IT DBA professional. Someone who reads all the trade publications,blogs, mail lists, has a significant pc lab at their home to compare products & technologies, someone who attends SIG groups pertaining to the field of interest. In other words some one who does their homework on a regular basis.

This individual would command a significant yearly salary for their investment of time and commitment .

No easy answers on this one.

Sorry

Bob

Bob Robert wrote:
Have you done some kind of study regarding "Database Technology
Roadmap" in your current job. I am looking for some suggestions for the
following areas.
1) what is the right database (oracle, sql server, db2, mysql, etc).
2) Based on skill set, new project might select known database
3) what are the advantages between these DB's (one might have RAC,
other one might have MS SQL cluster)
4) How cost effective and reliability of these solutions.
5) How is the future looks like? at least next three years.

I would really appreciate if you could shed some light in this regards.

Thanks,
Bob

"Oracle error messages being what they are, do not
highlight the correct cause of fault, but will identify
some other error located close to where the real fault lies."