Re: DataGuard Configuration in 10g

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KRISHNA MOORTHY <krish33moorthy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:23:50 +0700

In case, (migrate mode, for 32bits to 64bits)
You should do after you failover database ....

But... if you mean after startup standby database for testing....and then
change to standby... again
*Example:*

SQL> select open_mode from v$database ;

OPEN_MODE
--------------------
MOUNTED

SQL> SELECT THREAD#, LOW_SEQUENCE#, HIGH_SEQUENCE# FROM V$ARCHIVE_GAP;

no rows selected

SQL> shutdown immediate;
ORA-01109: database not open

Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> startup;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  217157632 bytes
Fixed Size                  2211928 bytes
Variable Size             159387560 bytes
Database Buffers           50331648 bytes
Redo Buffers                5226496 bytes
Database mounted.
Database opened.

SQL>  select open_mode from v$database ;

OPEN_MODE
--------------------
READ ONLY WITH APPLY

SQL> shutdown immediate;
Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> startup nomount;
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  217157632 bytes
Fixed Size                  2211928 bytes
Variable Size             159387560 bytes
Database Buffers           50331648 bytes
Redo Buffers                5226496 bytes

SQL> alter database mount  standby database;

Database altered.

SQL> select open_mode from v$database ;

OPEN_MODE
MOUNTED