Re: DataGuard Configuration in 10g

  • From: Surachart Opun <surachart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: krish33moorthy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 10:45:09 +0700

If 32bit -> 64 bit... you have to migrate mode

1. Switch to Primary

SQL> alter database commit to switchover to primary;

if the commit to switchover fails for any reason you have to use the
activate command

SQL> alter database activate standby database;

2. start database(migrate mode, for 32bits to 64bits) by use nocluster

SQL> alter system set cluster_database=FALSE scope=spfile;

SQL> shutdown immediate;

SQL> startup migrate;

SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/utlirp.sql

Surachart Opun

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM, KRISHNA MOORTHY