Data Model version control

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:07:59 -0300

Hi,

  I was giving an "introduction to oracle administration" course for
developers today and one of them asked me about tools for data model
version control. Now, I mostly work alone in small development tasks,
usually for APEX tools that I then "develop". I've never worked on a data
model with other people, and I've certainly never had to worry about
version control as I have a bunch of scripts on SVN and just tag them. This
is rather manual, and probably not suited for a development group.

  So... what tools, if any (especially open source) are you using for data
model version control.

Thanks
Alan.-