Re: DVD downloads from Edelivery fails at random points

  • From: troach@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 16:53:48 +0000

I just dloaded it over the weekend and I got the whole thing in 1 try. Not sure
what's up there.

From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 10:29:38
To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DVD downloads from Edelivery fails at random points

Hey all,

I've been trying to download the 3.3GB OEL5 DVD from Edelivery all weekend,
but it stops at seemingly random intervals each time.  Sometimes I get
300MB, sometimes 2+GB, but never the whole file.  I tried using Firefox 3 on
four different Win/Linux, IE6 and IE8, and two physically different
networks.

I ended up grabbing the *SIX* CDs (groan), each of which downloaded as
expected, but I was hoping to avoid using the six CDs to install or
attempting to combine them into 1 repository.

Anyone else able to download large files from Edelivery?

TIA,
Rich

?Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+?ün? {ú+iÉ^