RE: DML on dual?

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:54:54 -0500

That's part of the problem.  I don't know who is doing this, even after
trolling through V$SQL.  All statements that reference DUAL are SELECTs.
I guess I could set 10046 system-wide for a short period, until I find a
.trc file with an event of row lock wait, but that seems to involve a
little too much brute force.

I could also check V$SEGSTAT every minute, checking for an increase in
the appropriate segment event for DUAL, then when an increase is found
scan V$SQL for a LAST_LOAD_TIME greater or equal to a minute ago.  Maybe
a little less brute force, but still seems to be a rather large hammer
for such a small nail.

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA  |   A c x i o m  Delivery Center Organization

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax