Re: DBUA - PRKH-1014.Current user "ora11203" is not the owner user

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 05:55:36 -0300

By deciding to change owners you are no longer performing an upgrade
from Oracle's perspective.  It is now a migration.

Your default action is to first migrate the database to the new
environment (new owner) and then perform the upgrade.  (Or upgrade under
10 and the migrate to new user.)  Alternates include 'install s/w only'
at new version, creating a new database and datapump or exp/imp to new
env.  You could also attempt to play with file ownership, as long as you
know what you are doing and realize that you could end up making it all
permanently unavailable if you royally mess up.

Except for multi-client host with strict separation of everything (in
which case, 'why shared host?'), the idea of multiple userids to
separate versions of binaries became obsolete with Oracle 6. You are
experiencing one of the reasons.

The people enforcing that policy are probably what I refer to as
'Over-trained Oracle7 DBAs'.  Learned their trade very well in Oracle7
but don't seem to realize that Oracle11g is more than just a number change.

HTH
/Hans