Re: DBA Role Privs

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 20:14:46 +0200

Laura,

I know which is the underlying table but frankly creating triggers on SYS tables isn't something I would advise ...
Except, perhaps, on SYS.AUD$. What about turning audit on, and putting a trigger on this one?

HTH

STéphane Faroult

Burton, Laura wrote:

I want to be notified every time the DBA role is granted or revoked via email. I found the procedure which takes care of the email. Next I created a trigger on Insert into the Dba Role Privs view and received the error that this can not be performed on a view. Does anyone know the underlying Sys table(s) to use, or a better way of checking this?

Thank you,

Laura