RE: DBA Privileges and Developers

  • From: "Jeremiah Wilton" <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Lisa.Koivu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:09:36 -0800

Great to have you back, Lisa.  Sounds like you did a great job on that
document.  Nothing works quite as well as facts.  Also this is a great way
to get the heat off of the DBA for saying "no" and deflect the
responsibility for policy decisions to the business, where it belongs.  I
think that many DBAs do just stand there and say 'NO NO NO', and it gets us
a reputation as obstructionists with developers and others.

Now, who's that trip-trapping over my database?

Regards,

Jeremiah Wilton
ORA-600 Consulting
http://www.ora-600.net