DBA_HIST_FILESTATXS information

  • From: "freek D'Hooge" <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:29:51 +0100

Hi,

Does anyone has some more information about the DBA_HIST_FILESTATXS view?
I?m trying to understand the difference of the read_time/write_time columns
and the time column.

According to the reference guide, the time column holds the wait time, but
which waits?
It is my understanding that all reads list their time in the ?db file
sequential / scattered read? wait events, but the value in the time column
seems to be always smaller then the values in the readtime column.

Also, are all columns cumulative or only the SINGLEBLKRDTIM column?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator