Re: DB Appliance

  • From: mayur nagarsheth <mayurpnagarsheth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jreid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:10:55 -0800

Hello,
I am working with Oracle as a Solution Architect. Oracle database appliance
has been one of the hot products for diverse groups of enterprise.

ODA is a simple, quick, complete, affordable, HA cluster database system in
a single box. I myself had an opportunity to install and play with it. We
were able to install ODA RAC environment in just 53 minutes. It's a simple
and complete system where software and hardware is engineered together. It
comes with two nodes. You can use it as Stand alone, RAC one node or RAC.
Red Hat linux 5 comes pre-installed. It is highly redundant. All the data
are triple mirrored. Also, from licensing point of view, you pay as you
grow. You can start with licensing 2 cores and then as you need you can
license more. Miximum is 24 cores.

Shared disk:

12 TB raw storage

292 GB SSD flash disks for redo logs. Top 4 disk slots.

Remaining disks slots SAS drives of 600GB each.

2 Server nodes:

X86 intel

12 cores per server. 96 GB memory per server.

24 cores enabled on demand

Software:

Oracle Linux 5.5

Oracle 11g R2 DB EE with RAC or RAC one node. Active-Passive, Active-Active

Oracle grid infra 11gR2

OEM database control

Automatic Service requests.

*Oracle Database Appliance Collateral:*

·         Oracle Database Appliance
Datasheet<http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/oracle-database-appliance-ds-495410.pdf>

·         Oracle Database Appliance main
website<http://www.oracle.com/us/products/database/database-appliance/database-appliance-487201.html>
**

Pl   Please let me know if you guys need any more information regarding
this. Thanks!

Th

--
Thanks n Regards,