Create Primary Keys in Parallel

  • From: Don Doo <doodon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:51:55 -0500

Hi,

 Is it possible to create a primary key in parallel?.  I happened to
see a book on Oracle data warehousing which recomments to create only
unique indexes (and  no primary keys) in data warehouse.  The author
says Unique indexes can be created in parallel and primary keys do not
support parallel creation.  We are a non-Oracle shop building the
first Oracle database and this is going to be large reporting database
in Oracle 9i.  Please pardon me if the question is too basic.

Regards,

Don