RE: Converting from physical to logical standby

  • From: "Orr, Steve" <sorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:49:37 -0600

Found MetaLink note 186150.1... Funny how it contradicts another
MetaLink note. ;-0

The note gives steps for creating a logical with a cold backup but I can
adjust this to use the RMAN duplicate command. BUT... Step 3 in this
note says to build the logminer dictionary with restricted sessions...
Is this necessary? If so then is there no way to build a logical standby
without downtime on the primary? (Oracle 9.2.0.2.0.)

AtDhVaAnNkCsE,
Steve