Re: Convert a DB oracle10g RAC to DB oracle10g single with RMAN

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cmeghabber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:38:25 +0800

Hi Chahinez,

I've already done this before to create a pseudo standby database of a
RAC environment. The reason for a "pseudo standby" was there was a DR
requirement (for compliance) and they don't have a network link yet on
the remote site.. so had to come up with a strategy but this one is
also licensable..

I just followed this Note
Doc ID: 415579.1 HowTo Restore RMAN Disk backups of RAC Database to
Single Instance On Another Node

Here's my quick and dirty notes about it
http://karlarao.tiddlyspot.com/index.html#RmanRacPseudoStandby

- Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com
karlarao.tiddlyspot.com