Convert HEX to RAW in SQL*Loader

  • From: Stuart Blackburn <sblackbu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:43:11 -0500

Has anyone ever successfully converted from a HEX string to a BLOB in SQL*Loader? My data file contains long HEX strings which represent a .JPG file and I need this to be loaded into a table containing a BLOB column.

If my control file contains the following line it loads the HEX string as text which is incorrect:

C1 POSITION(1) varrawc(6,100000)

If my control file contains the following line I receive a "SQL*Loader-309: No SQL string allowed as part of C1 field specification" error

C1 POSITION(1) varrawc(6,100000) "HEXTORAW(:C1)"

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Stuart