Components of Grid Control in "Unknown State"

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Oracle L' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:41:20 -0500

Ok guys/gals, I have several components of Grid Control (10.2.0.4) in an
"Unknown" state reporting "metric evaluation errors".  I've checked the
emoms.log file in the OMS directory, but there is so much info in there, I
cannot tell what is related to these specific components (if any).

Where can I find (or start looking for) the errors specific to the metrics
mentioned for the following:

EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_home<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/ias/oc4j/home?type=oc4j&target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_home>
     OC4J    Jul 21, 2009 1:38:38 PM Target has encountered metric evaluation
errors.<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/monitoring/availOverview$type=oc4j$pageType=byDay$target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory*_home>

EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_OC4J_EM<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/ias/oc4j/home?type=oc4j&target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_OC4J_EM>
       OC4J    Jul 21, 2009 1:38:38 PM Target has encountered metric evaluation
errors.<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/monitoring/availOverview$type=oc4j$pageType=byDay$target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory*_OC4J*_EM>

        EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_Web
Cache<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/ias/webCache/home?type=oracle_webcache&target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_Web%20Cache>
  Web Cache       Jul 21, 2009 1:38:38 PM Target has encountered metric
evaluation
errors.<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/monitoring/availOverview$type=oracle*_webcache$pageType=byDay$target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory*_Web_20Cache>

        EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_HTTP
Server<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/ias/httpServer/home?type=oracle_apache&target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_HTTP%20Server>
      Oracle HTTP Server      Jul 21, 2009 1:38:38 PM Target has encountered
metric evaluation
errors.<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/monitoring/availOverview$type=oracle*_apache$pageType=byDay$target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory*_HTTP_20Server>

EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_OC4J_EMPROV<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/ias/oc4j/home?type=oc4j&target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory_OC4J_EMPROV>
       OC4J    Jul 21, 2009 1:38:38 PM Target has encountered metric evaluation
errors.<https://spobmora07.adprod.directory:1159/em/console/monitoring/availOverview$type=oc4j$pageType=byDay$target=EnterpriseManager0.spobmora07.adprod.directory*_OC4J*_EMPROV>

I clicked on the "Target has encountered..." link, but it doesn't give me any
details.

Thoughts?

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.