Re: Clusterware re-installation

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:12:01 -0700

No version and No OS details, so it is difficult to answer. However I
assume you had properly removed the failed installation. If not follow
239998.1 to completely remove CRS and then re-install.

-Gopal

On 4/17/07, Kerber, Andrew W. <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is kind of a strange one.  I have a couple of development machines
I am using for experimental purposes.  I deinstalled clusterware from
both boxes, and reinstalled the OS from scratch on one box, and now I
want to reinstall clusterware.  However, I am getting an error message
that clusterware is already running on the second box (the one that did
not get the os reinstalled).  However, I checked and the clusterware
directory is gone, and the box has been rebooted since the it was
removed.  In fact all oracle software, including the inventory has been
removed from the second box, but it still says that clusterware is
running on that box.

Obviously the installer is looking at something outside the oracle
directories to determine that clusterware is running.  Is there a config
file somewhere that it is looking at?  Any other ideas?

Andrew W. Kerber
Senior Oracle DBA
UMB

--