Cloning a RAC database to a RAC database onto the same server using ASM

  • From: Zabair Ahmed <roon987@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:04:19 +0100 (BST)

Hello

11.2.0.2 on AIX 6.1

What are the things to consider when cloning a RAC database to another RAC
database on the same server using ASM. The new database will have a different
ORACLE_HOME.

The plan is to use the same ASM diskgroups as the existing RAC database, we
have plenty of free space in the ASM diskgroups for the new database.

Here is my rough plan...

1) Install binaries on new ORACLE_HOME
2) RMAN duplicate to clone the database.

Anything else I should consider or is this fairly straightforward.

TIA.