RE: Circular FK's

  • From: "Post, Ethan" <Ethan.Post@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:20:49 -0600

Let me just tell you a little more about why this is presently a
problem. I have a request that I provide dependency trees and table load
order for an application with 900+ tables. When I started writing a
query to look at this the circular references became quite apparent
because I can't find the top of the tree. In this case I have decided to
eliminate all tables with circular references from the reporting and
state that they must be loaded first and note that they have these e
circular references.

- Ethan