Re: Changing Control Files

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:55:55 -0500

Laura,
create pfile=3D'$ORACLE_HOME/dbs/init.ora' from spfile;
shutdown;
host vi init.ora
<make changes to init file>
startup pfile=3D<above init file>;
create spfile from pfile=3D<above pfile>;
done.
Burton, Laura wrote on 11/8/04 15:09:

        I am trying to transfer a database from one server to another and I =
want to delete 2 of the three control files before doing so.  In earlier =
versions I would just go into the init.ora file and take out the =
references.  However, I am in 9.2 going through the Enterprise Manager =
and cannot figure out how to do this.  I found where you can edit the =
parameter list and that the user must be on as sysdba.  I can even =
update different parameters, but not the control file.  It just =
highlights the field but won't let me change it.
        =20

        Does anyone know of a way to do this?=20

        =20

        Thank you in advance,=20

        Laura