Re: Can you select a Different RMAN backup for DUPLICATE?

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david.cheyne@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:03:40 +0200

Use the SET UNTIL clause in your run {} block

Stefan

On 6/19/07, David cheyne <david.cheyne@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi List,

I am using RMAN to duplicate our live DB to another identical machine.
Full On-line backups are taken 5 days a week (file is 25Gb on disk), each
one includes *all* archive logs.

I have been asked to see if we can use a different nights backup for the
duplication process, other than the last backup taken.  I can't find
anything on MetaLink and Rob Freemans book only mentions that Duplicate uses
the last good backup.

Is this possible?? If so how?

*Specs:*
*Oracle: 9.2.0.4 64-bit*