Re: Can i make filesperset option in rman persistent

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 21:01:09 -0400

Many Thanks Jared. I would also like to post a question to the group
regarding RMAN. I'm on 9i test database. Lets say I have set
maxpiecesize to be 1G and maxsetsize to 2500M (i.e) 2.5G . I'm trying
to backup 3 datafiles of size 2G each.

run {
allocate channel c1 type disk;
backup datafile 1,2,3 channel c1 tag=bk1;

What would happen in this scenario? First and foremost thing is that I
believe I would be able to set maxpiecesize and maxsetsize to the
values specified above. If the values are ok, I belive that RMAN
should return with an error because maxsetsize is very less and it
should atleast be set to 6G. Please clarify........Thanks in