Re: CR Block copies, always 6 in 10.2.0.3?

  • From: "K Gopalakrishnan" <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ukja.dion@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:07:08 -0700

Amonte,

You are right about the BBW timeout of 1sec. But IIRC this was little
different from regular BBW and I will have to go back to my notes to
confirm the 10cs behavior.

Let us not  blame the  RAC or lightwork rule for limiting number  CR
buffers in the buffer cache. In fact there is no hard limit for number
of cr copies in RAC or single instance. This is just a soft limit -
means this limit is enforced  only when there is a memory pressure in
the buffer cache. During that time, upto  6 copies of the CR buffers
are allowed to be part of the hot part  MRU list and the remaining CR
buffers are linked to the Auxiliary list which are ready for expiry.
If your buffer cache is sufficiently large and there is no memory
pressure, we don't need to enforce the number of cr copies limitation.
This is  one of the reasons for not able to simulate this behavior in
the simple lab tests.

--
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan