CPU not used when multi-threaded

  • From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:39:50 +0300

List,

For one of our business critical database, we have assigned 12 cpus
with multi-thread(logical) of 24 cpus. What we have noticed that
oracle is not using all the CPU avaibale, at least 4 (8 logical) cpus
are not being utilized. We have checked from OS level using sar report
to confirm the sam during business peak hours.
Is there any limitation with oracle not to use many logical CPUs?

Your time and advice is highly appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain