Re: CPU April 2005 patching madness

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:51:22 -0700

Hi Wolfgang,
I do have the sysinternal tools.

The decision to reboot the server was made after SysInternals
handle.exe revealed that there were no processes holding open
an Oracle file, yet the patching could not proceed as Opatch
thought a file was open.

This was with all oracle services stopped.

Process explorer et al have not yet been tried on this server.

I think I am going to lunch now and think about something else for awhile.

Thanks,

Jared

--
Jared Still