Re: Bulking up loops

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 02:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jonathan,

Is this feature more prefetching then array fetches
(or the term representing the same).

In the OCI layer you have both prefetching and array
fetches (or other array operations) where array
fetches are describing retrieval of arrays into the
array binds similar to what BULK COLLECT doing in
PL/SQL.

I know that all terms depends on the term description.

Just from my perspective prefetching is much nicer
term because you still have bulk/array
fetches/collection that is different then this
feature.
At the end it can be similar or look similar but maybe
it is not.
Also I think that the implementation is different but
will leave Oracle people thinking about it.

What do you think?

If my comment is stupid just forget it :)

Regards,
Zoran Martic

--- Jonathan Lewis <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail