Re: Blocking Session alert in EM 12C

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:08:11 -0400

Just found that this database has no entries in dba_thresholds where instance
name in the table is the correct value.  This database was cloned while EM was
down and being switched from 11g to 12c as a new install.  Does EM populate the
table?  If so, how do I get it to do so in EM 12c?

>>> "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 4/24/14 1:56 PM >>>
Jeffrey posts:

> Just installed EM 12C and created a blocking session to test alerts.  EM is
> not generating an alert even though a lock is existing in the database.
> Does some metric have to be turned on to enable blocking session alerts?

I have the opposite problem, where it's reporting blocking locks when there
are none.  On your target DB (version?), if you have them, check
DBA_OUTSTANDING_ALERTS and potentially -- is this a Diagnostic Pack
licensable view? -- DBA_ALERT_HISTORY.

Are you on EM 12.1.0.3 with Oracle Database plugin 12.1.0.5 (aka
"Latest'n'Greatest")?  If not, you can guess where you're going to be
directed next, whether the newer patches address your issue directly or not.
Such is life...

Rich

.