Re: Blade servers

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: efrances2000@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:51:57 +0100

They work pretty well for us, though your server room designer needs to
carefully consider power and heat, these things take *a lot* of the first
and generate *a lot* of the second. This is documented by HP as I understand
it, but tends to get forgotten in the "hey I can get so much more into the
same space now" excitement.

"you cannae change the laws of physics cap'n" applies here.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA