Re: Best practices for Datawarehouse: RAC or Non-RAC

  • From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ravigaur1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 20:17:51 +0100

Hello,

Sure RAC may work well in a datawarehouse system, but you have IMHO to
check your apps and jobs if are able to work in a RAC database. Also
if you use legacy applications check with your vendor if there're
known issues with RAC or not.

RAC address many misconceptions and it's vital for you to know really
well what you're doing in your env.
Check this doc:
http://orainternals.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/riyaj_battle_of_nodes_rac_perf_myths_doc.pdf

Ste