Re: Best course to understand why a bad plan is chosen by optimizer

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>, krishsingh.111@xxxxxxxxx, 'Chris Taylor' <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 11:19:57 -0400

On 9/15/19 10:55 AM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:

What we **should** have is a session and system level single parameter: no_adapt=TRUE|FALSE that either completely disables or allows following any other parameter combinations.

What we should have is the parameter proposed by Jonathan Lewis when Oracle 9i was the current version: "make_things_go_faster". Unfortunately, we still don't have that desperately needed parameter.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant