Re: Basic replication question

  • From: babu.nagarajan@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:50:31 -0500

I think you would just need to create a procedure on your snapshot sites
that call "dbms_mview.refresh" and then call that procedure you  created
from where ever u want..

Thanks

Babu

                      Mark Bole

                      <makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:

                      >                         cc:
Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Basic replication
question
                      oracle-l-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      02/21/2005 09:56

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      makbo

John Dunn wrote:

> I am experimenting with replication for teh first time(Oracle 9i) and
> wondering whether basic replication will provide what I need.
>
> I will have 1 master site and 2 sites where read-only snapshots will need
> be refreshed.
>
> I would like to have control over when the snapshots at the 2 sites are
> updated. I would like to be able to initiate the refresh of the 2
snapshot
> sites from the master site.
>
> Since the refresh groups exist at the snapshot sites, Is what I want
> possible?
>
> John

The use of scheduled (automatic) refreshes (and even refresh groups) is
optional, so yes you should be able to do what you want.  Simply don't
schedule any refreshes at the snapshot sites, and then execute
DBMS_REFRESH.REFRESH from wherever you want on your network, whenever
you want.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com