BMC Rememdy Repository and lack of bind variables

  • From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:31:24 -0400

Operations is run by a 3rd party company and we have limited access to
production. The 3rd party company does not do a ton of monitoring. They are
running a BMC Remedy Repository out of our production OLTP. This tool has a
number of very large 'inlists' that don't use bind variables. These queries
are sucking up a large portion of our shared pool in memory. This isn't
high traffic, but they are very large queries (most are over 8k each).
DB is 10.2.0.3, will be upgrading to 11.2.0.3, but sticking with 10g
compatibility (due to a another 3rd party tool that does not run in 11g
and  not related to BMC).

in the past I have used Tom Kytes variable inlist procedures to handle bind
variables for this. Does anyone know anything about BMC configuration? Is
it possible for them to configure this tool to not use these types of large
inlists? I dont know the tool and repository has all kinds of distorted and
funky names (probably to make it hard to backward engineer).

anyone know if there is a way to get BMC to use stop using monster inlists?
I dont know what version its on. not sure how to tell from the repository.
Table names are funky. I am hoping for something that I can go 'do this
please' and its not that complex or it won't get done.