Re: Awr waits over 100%

  • From: Marcus Mönnig <mm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:35:03 +0200

Hi Kenneth,

the time for log buffer space and log file parallel write might partly
be included in log file sync, especially when there are frequent
commits, so there is some double counting taking place.

Tony Hasler explained this in his 3 blog posts here:
http://tonyhasler.wordpress.com/2011/07/24/log-file-sync-and-log-file-parallel-write-part-1/

Cheers,
Marcus