Re: Auditing and WebLogic applications.

  • From: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 12:27:04 -0800 (PST)

require the applications to set client_id.

WebLogic can actually do this for you automatically, or your code that gets the
connection from the pool can do it:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E15523_01/apirefs.1111/e13952/taskhelp/jdbc/jdbc_datasources/EnableCredentialMapping.html

If Set Client ID On Connection is selected on a data source, when an
application requests a database connection from the data source, WebLogic
Server determines the current WebLogic Server user ID and then sets the mapped
database ID as a light-weight client ID on the database connection.

If not, than:

have the application do:
DBMS_SESSION.SET_IDENTIFIER(v_user_identifier);

and than Audit records and policies can audit/show who the "real" user is:

--- On Tue, 2/16/10, Dunbar, Norman <norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>