Anyone configured Active Directory Auth to Oracle 11g?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:02:00 -0500

According to 11g docs, you can do the below but I'm obviously missing something
since I don't know much about AD:
Creating a User Who Is Authorized by a Directory Service

You have the following options to specify users who are authorized by a
directory service:

*        Creating a Global User Who Has a Private
Schema<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28531/authentication.htm#CHDJJDFE>

*        Creating Multiple Enterprise Users Who Share
Schemas<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28531/authentication.htm#CHDJHAIB>

Creating a Global User Who Has a Private Schema

The following statement shows the creation of a global user with a private
schema, authenticated by SSL, and authorized by the enterprise directory
service:

CREATE USER psmith IDENTIFIED GLOBALLY AS
'CN=psmith,OU=division1,O=oracle,C=US';

The string provided in the AS clause provides an identifier (distinguished
name, or DN) meaningful to the enterprise directory.

In this case, psmith is a global user. But, the disadvantage here is that user
psmith must then be created in every database that he must access, plus the
directory.

What is O=oracle, and C=US?  The CN and OU I understand I think it's fairly
easy to find the AD toolkit...

Anyone mind helping me out?

Thanks,

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-663-1673
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.