Re: Active directory DB authentication

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 15:17:09 -0400

Yes, I know. The configuration file must be modified and rewritten for OpenLDAP. However, nothing like that has to be done wit AD. The idea behind not supporting OpenLDAP was to promote their own SSO product, OID.  However, OID fell flat, AD is the king of the market. It seems that somebody at Oracle has miscalculated. And what is equally infuriating, they still don't want to recognize the mistake and support OpenLDAP.

Regards

On 10/29/19 11:08 AM, Jared Still wrote:

re LDAP, your illustrious list admin, Mark Bobak, and I simultaneously worked out howmto use OpenLDAP to resolve Oracle Names, including aliases.

I still use it today on my home network.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant