About AIX configuration for Oracle

  • From: "Gil Cota" <gil.cota@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 23:38:52 +0100

Hi,

I've an Oracle RAC Database 10.2.0.4 using ASM on AIX 6.1, my server got
64GB RAM ,

And Oracle is using just 20GB for the SGA and another 10GB for the 1000 user
connections,

My question is the following , I'm seeing the memory on the server at 99.3%
occupied  I know this is because of the maxperm% and minperm% parameters ,

But because I've got a load storm, several connection to Oracle (about a 800
connection) the server started swapping and did a reboot because the CRS
didn't have cpu to schedule the heartbeat,

So my question is why does AIX do swapping when I have like 32gb of RAM on
the filesystem cache ?

The other question is does anyone have recommended kernel parameter's
(maxperm% , minperm% , etc) for this kind of configuration ? because Oracle
documentation and metalink are quite different in terms of recommendation's
..

Thanks and Regards,

Gil