RE: About AIX configuration for Oracle

Do a google search for something like "aix oracle tuning" and you'll get some
good white papers from IBM.  In summary:

Use large pages
Lock/Pin the SGA
Adjust memory parms you've already mentioned  (I set mine to minperm%=5,
maxperm%=15 & maxclient%=15, but not sure if that will be optimal for you)
Set lru_file_repage=0
Set aixthread_scope=S
Put redologs on separate filesystem with agblksize=512 (or use ASM)
Use Concurrent I/O (or use ASM)

Metalink 316533.1 and its references have lots more detail too.  As for why AIX
does such aggressive swapping out of the box w/o adjusting these parameters,
I'm not sure on the details, but it's a known problem so you might want to just
implement the known solution and move on.  It's worked well for me in my AIX
environment with Oracle 10.2.0.2 for 3 years now.  I used to have a better
understanding of the details behind the problem back when I first researched it
3 years ago - but it's faded a bit now.

Regards,
Brandon