Re: ASSM vs MANUAL - freelists + freelist groups

  • From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shull@xxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sean,

If you look the similar thread maybe two months ago on
this forum, where I posted some results for HP (11,
11i) and Solaris (Sol 7, 8 and 9), both 9.2.0.6 and
10.1.0.3 you will see that I could not manage to get
better results with MANUAL.

ASSM was beating MANUAL all the time, from 15% to more
then 30%. Maybe it is something strange with my
databases/environments that they are tuned to work
better with ASSM :)

I am curious now is the version of Oracle you are
using less then 9.2.0.5/6 or the OS is not Solaris/HP?

When you said the result is different would you
provide the difference in real CPU time used here from
v$sesstat when using ASSM and MANUAL?

You obviously need to push the system to be under more
pressure where old MANUAL method will be the same or
even better then ASSM or just to have the bottleneck
somewhere else, like log file sync or log buffer
space, ...

From the pure CPU usage I would like to see real
statistics where MANUAL is beating ASSM.

Regards,
Zoran Martic

http://mail.yahoo.com