Re: ASSM and Indexes

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 20:31:29 +1100

Tanel Poder wrote,on my timestamp of 3/01/2010 3:09 PM:

If we leave all the bugs out, then if you do use ASSM for your tables, then there's no reason not to use them for indexes as well. However I know few shops who have went back to freelists because constant trouble they had with ASSM.

Nevertheless, I default to ASSM nowadays (as we need to tune our own time usage as well !!!) and look into freelists usage only on case by case basis.

We had our fair share of problems with ASSM. Since 10.2.0.3, also patched up for some of the most glaring and obvious ASSM bu^H^Hfeatures, it's been tremendously stable for us. To the point where I don't even bother with non-ASSM anymore.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto