Re: ASM rebalance estimates

  • From: Thomas Roach <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karlarao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:42:55 -0400

2 Days? Yikes. I moved a 1 TB DB in 8 hours, but it really depends on how
many disks your adding, your rebalance power, and how much bandwidth you
have to work with. Maybe all the writes going to the one disk you added is
what was slowing you down. Also if you watch, the estimates change quite a
bit in the beginning and then get more accurate as time goes on. I've always
done these operations online as well.

--
Thomas Roach
813-404-6066