Re: ASM Question

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 11:22:39 -0600

Well, that's handy but things are still a bit murky.

Does that mean I would just have my Unix & Netapp guys make sure I have a
big volume of space and then I just create any zero padded file as needed
in that disk space?
It seems so but I wanted to verify.

So, lets say I had a filesystem with 1 TB of space.
Once I have that, I could create as many zero padded files as I wanted (in
the size that I want) and then, once they are created, add them to the ASM
diskgroup?

Regards,
Chris