Re: ASM Host Mirroring

  • From: "Roman Podshivalov" <roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:03:18 -0500

Hi,

Preferred read in 11g was to address the issue with stretched clusters in
order to avoid reads from remote storage.

But anyway back to original subject. If ASM sees both of your storages
separately and you are using ASM to mirror them - yes, ASM will issue two
requests for each write and single request for read. In 10G there is no way
to control which mirror will be read.

Both write request will be issued by ASM and carried over to local and
remote storage by means of configured transport (iSCSI, SCSI over fiber,
etc). There is no miracle there, unfortunately.

--romas