Re: ASM Host Mirroring

  • From: "Roman Podshivalov" <roman.podshivalov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exriscer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:50:59 -0500

Hi,

If I got the question right - ASM will issue two write requests to separate
controllers/ports your arrays are connected to. It's same as any other
software based LVS - no tricks there. 2 mirrors 2 write requests. Starting
with 11g you can define preferred mirror for read requests if I remember
correctly.

--romas