RE: A clever message from my EM10g server...

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BoivinP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 14:34:01 -0500

Yeah, but can your CD-ROM store three times it's own capacity?
Metric=Disk Utilization (%)
KEY_VALUE=disk26
Timestamp=May 4, 2005 2:12:35 PM CDT
Severity=Critical
Message=Disk Utilization for disk26 is 332.89%
Rule Name=Host Availability and Critical States
Rule Owner=SYSMAN

According to the help on this metric, it "Represents the amount of disk space
utilization as a percentage of capacity".  So, the disk is about 333% full.

I guess it's time to "find /disk26 -type fifth_dimension|xargs rm".

Yay.

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA

Message=Filesystem /media/cdrom has only 0% available space