Re: 9i Windows 2000 Server to Linux Migration

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "orasharad@xxxxxxxxx" <orasharad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:05:41 +0300

I'd first install and test the new database and after I'm sure everything is
ok do the export/import. Less down time that way.
Can you get a big enough down tome window to export, scp and import your
whole database?

Harel Safra
(Sent from my phone, excuse the terseness)

ב-26/07/2010, בשעה 12:43, Sharad Nautiyal <orasharad@xxxxxxxxx> כתב/ה:

Hi All,

We have Oracle 9.2.0.8 running on Windows 2000 server and our plan is to
migrate it to Linux Server also upgrade it to 10g with RAC.

Please let me know if anyone has already done it.

We are planning to perform below steps :
1. Take export of 9i database from windows 2000 server.
2. scp the dmp file to Linux Server.
3. lay down Oracle 10g binaries for RAC on Linux.
4. Bring up only one node in non-RAC mode.
5. Then import the 9i dmp file on Linux on 10g Oracle home.
6. Bring up the database in non-RAC mode. Check all the schemas.
7. Enable RAC.

Please let me know about your opinion on the plan described above with
consequences.

Thanks,
Sha