9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.6 param diffs

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:32:57 -0600

Folks,

I recently upgraded our databases from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.6 on Tru64 5.1b and
found a number of parameter changes that happened automatically as part of the
upgrade:

_disable_system_state   ->      from FALSE to 4294967294
_lgwr_async_io          ->      from TRUE to FALSE
_ns_max_flush_wt                ->      from 30 to 1
_recoverable_recovery_batch_percent     ->      from 15 to 50
_rowsource_execution_statistics ->      from TRUE to FALSE
sga_max_size            ->      from 3478103144 to 3478103312
_spin_count                     ->      from 2048 to 2560

Since all but one are hidden, my assumption is to leave them be, but one change
stands out -> _lgwr_async_io from TRUE to FALSE.  I hadn't set this originally,
assuming Oracle set it either because async I/O is available or because
filesystemio_options = 'setall'.  Neither of these situations has changed, so
I'm curious why async for lgwr would be changed automatically, unless its the
default for 9.2.0.6.

Has anyone seen this change (or other changes) between these releases?  I'd
rather have proof that _lgwr_async_io needs to be TRUE, but I don't have the
stats for this and only am going on the fact that async is available and I'd
like to take advantage of it.

Dave
privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.