32bit oracle on 64bit OS

  • From: "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:04:18 -0500

Anyone out there done a Windows OS upgrade from 32 to 64 bit with a
32bit oracle version on it?

We've got a new 64bit server that we migrated our 32bit OS and 32bit
Oracle (9i 9.2.0.8) onto it and it seems to work fine. However, we now
want to migrate the OS on the box to 64bit.

Looking at note 834829.1, it states that 64bit hardware with 64 bit os
and 32bit rdbms is not certified.  Didn't say it wasn't possible, just
not certified.

Anyone out there running in this type of setup?

I am working on migrating the Oracle to 54 bit, but it means an version
upgrade to 10g since it appears that 9i does not have a 64 bit version
and is basically desupported.

Thanks