Re: 11gR2 Data Pump question - parallel setting

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JC1706@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 16:37:21 -0700

The parallel setting has the most positive impact when the object has *not*
be pre-created.  That said, it mostly just changes the number of workers
doing the data import, I'm pretty certain (but not 100%) that it will not
help index creation, constraints etc. to run faster because it simply runs
the DDL (so it wont be any more "parallel" than the setting inside the
source db).  If you want those things to go faster, run them outside DP as
it's just metadata (DDL) anyway inside the DP file.

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn  |  blog <http://bit.ly/u9N0i8>  |  twitter <http://bit.ly/v733dJ>  |