RE: 10Gr2 and Library Cache Lock Waits

  • From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:13:49 +0100

Ian,
What waits events (from v$session_wait) do you get ?
If it is "CURSOR: PIN S WAIT ON X" you  can try
_kks_use_mutex_pin = FALSE.
I have several databases , that are running  since years well, but after 10g
upgrade
I have got many "CURSOR: PIN S WAIT ON X".
Perhaps it is a coinsidence, but all the databases that are experiencing this
problem are
Runnung on HPUX. Perhaps this problem has something to do with mutexes
implementation
On HPUX.

Regards. Milen.